Sunday, May 20, 2007

She keeps growing and growing and growing.....


I told myself that I wouldn't buy a scale and weigh Gracie at home. I told myself that she would gain weight soon enough. I mean, her due date isn't until May 24th so technically she isn't even suppose to be here yet. But, as the mother of a preemie, we've been faced with some unforeseen challenges from the beginning. The biggest of those being her size. Grace was 6lb 10 oz when she was born, which is a healthy weight. She did, however, lose enough that at her first doctor appointment she was then considered a preemie (anything under 6 lbs is considered preemie size by our pedi). At her two week appointment she was back up to her birth weight, although she was still fitting into preemie clothes and daipers just fine. It's just so ironic that Dave and I would have a teeny baby! So, this weekend, Mom Mom, Aunt Jen, Gracie and myself all went to Babies R Us to purchase a scale. I know she's growing but I can't wait until her 2 month appointment to see how much she's gained. Daddy and I weighed her today and she's up to 7lbs 5 oz!!!!!! That means that she's gained a whole pound since her appt on the 11th! We are so happy!!

It's already been three weeks! I can't believe it!


"Dancing with the Stars ain't got nothing on me!"



All these kisses really tire her out!

Daddy's littel girl! This preemie outfit is starting to get tight! Yippee...we're fattening her up!

No comments: