Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What is wrong with me...

It's been a while since I've written, I know. I've been busy. Raising two kids, a husband, and a Lab. I spend my days working, transporting kids, feeding kids, bathing kids, and watching the Real Housewives of whatever city they happen to be (I have my favorites but it really makes no difference to me). That's about it. Until now. Because it's SUMMER and I am not working!!!!! Gracie is in daycare two days a week, John is in full time so that gives me TWO whole days a week to myself and the other three bonding and doing all sorts of fun girly stuff with my Gracie. It's been great. But there's something wrong with me...

I can't seem to relax. When I was younger, I was a bit of a slob (no comments from the family please). My parents made me clean my room and I did. But it was never really clean. When I went to college, I recall having to walk over mounds of "stuff" just to make it to my bed. It was pretty bad. When I graduated and began my adult life, I was still a slob but I would like to believe that it was to a lesser degree. The mounds were smaller and full of nicer things. But, there were still mounds of stuff everywhere.

Until now. I have two small children and they come with a lot of stuff. They have toys and clothes and sippy cups and carseats and stickers (I actually went to the store yesterday with a sticker on my head). All this stuff needs to be put away. The clothes and sippys need to be washed. THESE THINGS MUST GET DONE PEOPLE. THEY MUST!!!!!

Or what, Susan? What? Will some horrible cosmic event occur if you don't vacuum the living room floor? Will the dishes in the sink go on strike and disappear to picket their ill treatment? No you nerd. So just relax.

Wow, I somehow feel more relaxed. Maybe I need to write more. Thanks for listening.

Oh, here are some recent pictures of the kids and our summer of fun 2010!!!




2 comments:

sarah said...

omg, Susan, they are so cute!

I have such a hard time keeping up with the cleaning & I've only got one. I cannot imagine how much more it is with two!

I have found I can't fight who I am (and that's NOT a neat freak). I wish I were more compelled to clean and have a perfectly put together home. But it's just so not in my nature. Our house is "clean" but a mess, if that makes sense.

無糖甜點 said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free give me some comment, more important thing is be my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is share-how-why.blogspot.com)